Welcome to Helsinki – the city that has all the ingredients for a good life.
In a recent survey of Helsinki residents, many said they appreciated Helsinki’s low-cost public services, wide selection of free-time activities and innovative work and study opportunities. Others valued Helsinki’s clean and calming natural environment. The top answer? Inhabitants of the city feel that Helsinki is both well functioning and safe.
Top ten reasons to live in Helsinki
- A good work-life balance is encouraged in every job
- Affordable childcare is provided by a network of qualified professionals
- Everyone receives a world-class education
- State-subsidised healthcare is available for all permanent residents
- Most municipal services are a short walk from your front door
- Helsinki streets are always clean and safe
- The capital’s innovative startup and tech scene keeps things fresh
- Opportunities for exercise and sport can be found around every corner
- Buses, trains and trams run on schedule to all parts of the city
- A nation of nature lovers keeps its forests and waterways clean